Crunchy Data is pleased to announce the release of the Crunchy PostgreSQL for Kubernetes 4.3, which automates and simplifies deploying and managing of open source PostgreSQL clusters on Kubernetes and other Kubernetes-enabled Platforms. Instructions for getting started can be found here:
This release makes it possible to deploy PostgreSQL across Kubernetes clusters in a multi-PostgreSQL Operator setup. There are also significant improvements to the ability to easily customize PostgreSQL clusters that are managed by the PostgreSQL Operator, from infrastructure configuration (CPU, RAM, PVC size) to PostgreSQL configuration.
Major features of the 4.3 release include:
- Multi-Kubernetes Deployments of PostgreSQL
- Improved custom configurability for PostgreSQL clusters
- Easy TLS-enabled PostgreSQL cluster creation and support for TLS-only PostgreSQL workflows
- Installation via the
- Automatic Upgrades of the PostgreSQL Operator via
- Set custom PVC sizes for PostgreSQL clusters on creation and clone
- Support for PostgreSQL Tablespaces
- The ability to specify an external volume for write-ahead logs (WAL)
- Elimination of
ClusterRolerequirement for deploying the PostgreSQL Operator
- Feature Preview: pgAdmin 4 Integration
For a full list of features, including detailed descriptions of these changes, please see the release notes.